Our Passion Is Our Strength
We value our staff and as a values based organisation, we attract staff who share our commitment to helping vulnerable people in our communities. We enjoy a collaborative workplace culture where teamwork is highly valued. CatholicCare Wilcannia-Forbes is committed to:
- client and child safety – we carry out Police Record and Working With Children checks for all staff and volunteers to ensure the safety of the people we serve.
- diversity – we value our multicultural and multi denominational staff
- workplace safety – we aim to provide a workplace that is safe and healthy for all staff and volunteers
To attract and retain high calibre staff we offer employee benefits including:
- salary packaging – our employees can reduce their taxable income through salary packaging and thereby increase their take-home salary
- flexible work and leave arrangements to maintain work-life balance
- opportunity to purchase leave
- learning and development activities to develop skills and knowledge to deliver quality services
- a confidential employee assistance program with an independent service provider to assist staff and their immediate family in a situation or crisis
“Our staff are our biggest asset and a constant source of inspiration to me.” Anne-Marie Mioche, CEO
We will consider the suitability of your skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience for the role. If you have been short-listed for the position, we will contact you to ask you to attend an interview. All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application. If interviewed but unsuccessful we will advise you.
Your engagement will be conditional upon the satisfactory completion of the employment screening process, including obtaining satisfactory National Police Check, Working With Children Check and current drivers’ licence. If these checks are not obtained prior to commencement your commencement date will be delayed. If the results of such checks are unsatisfactory, your employment may not proceed.
Your details will be held and managed in accordance with the Privacy Act (1998).
HOW TO APPLY for a position
Recruitment at CatholicCare Wilcannia Forbes is based on merit. The applicant who best meets the selection criteria is the one who will be given preference for appointment to the position.
Applications must include;
- Cover letter
- Responses to the Selection Criteria
- Completed and signed Application for Employment form (included in Application Package)
- Your current Resume
When applying it is important to prepare an application that demonstrates why you are the best person for the job and how your skills, knowledge and experience match the selection criteria. Applicants need to provide written responses to the essential criteria.
Try these hints when addressing the selection criteria;
- Open with a positive statement showing why you have the required skill.
- Provide an outline of a situation where you have used the skill.
- Outline your role or responsibilities in this situation.
- Outline the actions you took to achieve the tasks.
- Describe the results of your actions.
Remember to use relevant examples and use dot points where appropriate.
A guide to some key words used in the Selection Criteria
Demonstrated knowledge of skill – give examples that prove you have knowledge or possess the particular skills required.
Ability to – you may or may not have done this kind of work before. If you haven’t you may have some transferable skills, knowledge and experience. Describe things you have done which prove you could do this kind of work, for example; If you need finance ability, have you managed your household budget?
Experience in – you need to show you have done this work before. Give examples.
Effective, proven, highly developed – these are all asking you to show your level of achievement. Give as much detail as you can while keeping it brief. Give actual examples of your achievements.
Sound communication skills – describe your experience in dealing with people, examples of problems you have solved using your communication skills.
To help you complete the application make sure you download the Application Package.
Applications must be received by the closing date, either by email, in person, or you can pop into one of our local branches and they will send to the HR Department for you.
Late applications will be considered in extenuating circumstances. Requests for late submission will be assessed case-by-case, by Management.
Email: email@example.com or
Mail to: HR Department
CatholicCare Wilcannia-Forbes Limited
P O Box 957
Forbes NSW 2871
Contact the HR Department if you have any questions on 02 6850 1788